Consult with a former Canadian Foreign Service Officer and Canada Visa Office Manager, now a Licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant
Jeremiah Joseph Shea has over eight years experience as the owner of Shea Canadian Immigration Consultancy. He is a member in good standing of Canada’s College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants. To verify Mr. Shea’s active standing with the College, please click here
Prior to becoming an Licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant, Mr. Shea was as a Canadian Foreign Service Officer. That experience included over 15 years as an Immigration Visa Office Manager.
Jeremiah Shea has a wealth of knowledge and experience with Canada’s immigration processes. He is exceptionally well-qualified to provide expert Canadian immigration & Canada visa advice. He will make the best case possible when applying on your behalf for a Canadian visitor visa, study or work permit, permanent residence in Canada, including Express Entry economic submissions, and Canadian citizenship.
If you would like Mr. Shea to assess your chances to immigrate to Canada, please go to the Menu section of this site and complete an Assessment Questionnaire. Please upload your résumé with the submission, include your date of birth, and a copy of your spouse’s résumé, if married.
If you would like to have an initial consultation with Mr. Shea, please make a Have Questions submission. A Skype consultation of up to one hour at Mr. Shea’s hourly fee rate will provide you with a detailed insight into the immigration program that interests you and your best options. (Please click here for more information about Mr. Shea’ consultations.)
Mr. Shea personally reviews all incoming submissions. If you do not receive a response within seven days he is either unable to assist you, or you do not appear to meet the minimum requirements for the Canadian immigration program you identified.
CANADIAN ECONOMIC IMMIGRATION: Generally, those who wish to settle in Canada permanently as economic immigrants must apply through Canada’s Express Entry system. If you are under 35 years old, have studied and/or worked in Canada legally, and/or have a post-grad degree and professional work experience outside Canada, you have the best chance of making it.
CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY UPDATE (June 2022)
- To make up for immigration shortfalls due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Canada has significantly increased its planned immigration intake for 2022-23, with a target of over 400,000 new permanent residents this year.
- Most of those accepted as Economic migrants are processed via Canada’s online Express Entry system.
- Those who would like to be considered may apply based on their English/French language skills, post-secondary education and skilled/professional work experience.
- Once in the Express Entry pool, candidates are issued “Invitations to Apply” (ITAs) for permanent residence based on their Express Entry score. If you have the minimum Express Entry score and qualify for a program draw, you should receive an ITA.
- All of the EE draws in 2021 were for members of the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC), since most of these candidates already resided in Canada and were generally unaffected by COVID-19 travel restrictions.
- There have been no CEC draws since mid-September, when the cut off score had risen from the mid-300 range in early 2021 to 462 for the September 2021 CEC draw. So far, all the EE draws in 2022 have been for PNP candidates.
- In April the Minister of Immigration announced that Express Entry draws will resume in July for CEC and Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) candidates (who mostly reside outside Canada).
- Canada issued close to 115,000 Express Entry ITAs in 2021. At the same time, the number of candidates in the EE pool grew to over 190,000, up considerably from the start of the year, when there were just over 146,000 in the pool. This likely reflects a growth in CEC candidates along with Federal Skilled Worker candidates outside Canada waiting for the resumption of EE draws for those categories.
- Once CEC and FSW draws resume, future EE cut-off scores will likely be in the 470+ range, given the build up of Express Entry candidates in the pool with 470+ scores.
- To maximize one’s chances, one should aim for the highest possible Express Entry score – maximizing your personal score – to have the best possible chance of getting an ITA.
- As you will see from the Testimonial page on this website, people who turn to Mr. Shea to do their profile have notably improved their Express Entry chances. It pays to have the professional help of someone like Jeremiah Shea!
- Jeremiah Shea will prepare your Express Entry online submission entirely on your behalf remotely — no matter where you reside — using Immigration Canada’s online Portal for Authorized Representatives.
People around the world seek assistance with the Canadian immigration process. However, they often encounter fake visa agents who do not have the training, experience, knowledge or legal authority to properly help them. Fraudsters and scammers charge large sums of money for bogus job offers and dishonest guarantees of visa issuance when issuance of a Canadian visa can never be guaranteed.
As a former Canada Visa Office Manager and now, as a Licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant, Jeremiah Shea can be trusted to provide you with the expert advice and guidance you need. Mr. Shea will make the immigration process less complicated and frustrating by guiding you through each step of the process. Mr. Shea manages his internet business to align with Immigration Canada’s focus on online processing.
Let Jeremiah Shea use his comprehensive global overseas experience as a former Canada Visa Office Manager and his up-to-date knowledge as a Licensed Canadian Immigration Consultant to help you on your Canadian immigration journey!